Benefits of EAS (Electronic Article Surveillance)
· Creates a high deterrent against theft of merchandise
· Increases ability to openly merchandise products
· Increases customer service, allows staff to concentrate on “Selling” and not on watching for shoplifting customers.
· Enables theft to be detected at the store doorway, with positive identification of the shoplifter.
· Can reduce stock losses up to 85%
· Enables the store to openly display merchandise that would normally be locked away, or under glass.
· Creates a better atmosphere of an honest and safe retail environment.
· Discourages attempts at shoplifting, often thieves go elsewhere.
· Improves the net returns to the store owners.
· Equipment life gives many years of protection, thus giving an excellent return on investment, in many cases the payback period is only 6 months.
· Gives the store staff “peace of mind” and that the stock is protected at all times.